Etihad Airways has announced that its new Coral Economy cabin’s ‘Inspired Service’ has now been rolled out in over 40 of the airline’s 62 global routes, with the full roll-out due to be completed by the end of May.
The implementation of Etihad’s Coral Economy ‘Inspired Service’ follows the successful roll-out of the innovative service concept in the airline’s premium cabins and as a ground service concept at its Abu Dhabi hub and in key airports across the airline’s global destination network.
‘Inspired Service’ provides the airline’s Economy class customers with a more tailored experience, including:
• greater choice of food and beverage, including menus of up to three courses, with hot desserts and café-style hot and cold beverages;
• a more personal style of service from cabin crew members;
• larger, high-comfort pillows to assist with rest and relaxation;
• travel packs with comfort items for guests travelling on an overnight flight; and
• special support for families and children, including kids entertainment packs.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ Chief Commercial Officer, said: “When we defined the ‘Inspired Service’ philosophy and designed the service delivery concepts, we listened to what our customers across all cabin classes looked for in-flight and on the ground, such as a more personalised service tailored to individual requirements, which is why this was such an important element to get right.
“Since we commenced the roll-out of ‘Inspired Service’ in Coral Economy class in October last year, the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, and we are pleased to confirm that all guests travelling in the Economy cabin will be able to experience the service by the end of May.”
Etihad is currently promoting ‘Inspired Service’ to visitors of several of the UAE’s top shopping malls.. Promotional activities include four of the new Coral Economy seats, interactive display units as well as games and competitions for people of all ages.
The promotion has taken place in a number of malls in Abu Dhabi and Dubai , and will also take place at the following malls during May:
• Abu Dhabi Mall – May 6, 7 and 8;
• Marina Mall – May 13, 14 and 15; and;
• Jimi Mall, Al Ain – May 20, 21 and 22.