U.S. News Media Group released its rankings of the Best Hotels in the USA, covering luxury hotel properties across 49 popular travel destinations in the United States.
The new rankings are available online at http://travel.usnews.com/.
The U.S. News hotel rankings are based on the aggregate opinion of published travel experts and the overall customer satisfaction expressed in guest reviews across the Web. The highest-ranking hotels are appreciated by both experts and users for their exceptional quality.
Among the 852 luxury hotels analyzed by U.S. News, 86 properties with the highest overall ratings were named to a selective list of the Best Hotels in the USA (online at http://travel.usnews.com/Hotels/USA). The 10 highest-rated hotels overall are:
- Elysian Hotel Chicago – Chicago, IL
- Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea – Maui, HI
- Trump International Hotel & Tower, Chicago – Chicago, IL
- Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco – San Francisco, CA
- The Fairmont Olympic Hotel – Seattle, WA
- The Hermitage Hotel – Nashville, TN
- The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park – New York, NY
- Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas – Las Vegas, NV
- Trump International Hotel & Tower, New York – New York, NY
- The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples – Naples, FL
Today’s launch represents the 2011 edition of the U.S. News hotel rankings, which will be updated annually. Rankings for hotels in Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe will be released later this year.
“The goal of the Best Hotels rankings is to help travelers identify the best hotels based on the opinions of many people, not just a handful of individuals,” says Chad Smolinski, Vice President of Rankings and Reviews at U.S. News & World Report. “Our consensus-based approach allows us to rank hotels and provide guidance to travelers in an unbiased way.”
The full hotel rankings methodology can be found here: http://travel.usnews.com/methodology/.