The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, along with VFS Global, the world’s largest outsourcing and technology services specialist for governments and diplomatic missions, formally launched their visa application service in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The new service at the Schengen Visa Application Centre is aimed at catering to the growing demands of travellers in the Eastern Province, offering new services, facilities and benefits to visa applicants while no longer requiring applicants to travel to Riyadh
VFS Global commenced service for the government of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in 2006 with its first operation in India. Today the company offers visa application processing for this government across 13 countries with 49 Application Centres. This is part of a global contract that the company signed in 2013 and that aims to deliver a seamless and aligned process across the globe.
The service was inaugurated at Al Khobar by H.E. Mr Laurens Westhoff, Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, on 16 June, 2015 in the presence of dignitaries and the media.
Speaking on the occasion, Ambassador H.E. Mr Laurens Westhoff said, “The cooperation with VFS Global in the Eastern Province will save time for Saudi travellers to the Netherlands, and will be a big boost for the KLM/Air France direct flight from Dammam to Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. With Saudi Aramco and SABIC having important facilities in the Netherlands, and Dutch business ties with the Eastern Province steadily increasing, the Dutch visa desk at the VFS Global Schengen Visa Application Centre meets the growing demands for a more efficient visa-application procedure. We are very proud to have found VFS Global as our partner to make this happen”.
Adding to these comments, Mr Ajit Alexander (COO – Middle East and Africa, VFS Global) said, “VFS Global is honoured to be the trusted partner to the government of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. The Netherlands joins Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Sweden at this Schengen Visa Application Centre. We are committed to offering a convenient and accessible service with modern facilities for travellers in this region”.
The key features of this Schengen Visa Application Centre are:
- A conveniently located and easily accessible state-of-the art Visa Application Centre
- Professional and responsive staff dedicated to handle visa queries and applications
- Automated queue governance for smooth flow of applicants, providing better crowd management
- Dedicated website for easy access to information including visa categories, requirements and check-list, applicable fees and application status
- Dedicated call centre and email support to answer queries and status of application
- 100% secure handling of passports, documents and personal information
- In-VAC feedback kiosks and forms, and online feedback services for applicants to share their recommendations and feedback about the services
- Tracking of application status and SMS alerts for visa status update on mobile phones
- Prime time appointment service allows applicants to lodge their applications beyond the normal processing hours
- Premium Lounge Service
- Cloaking Facility
- Door-step delivery of passports
Since 2009, VFS Global jointly with its local partner M/s Al Etimad Modern Business Solutions Co. (ETIMAD) has been successfully operating visa application services and VACs for diplomatic missions of 11 sovereign governments in the cities of Riyadh, Jeddah and Al Khobar in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Schengen Visa Application Centre, Al Khobar
Address: Unified Visa Application Centre, 2nd Floor, Al Khateery Centre, Opposite SABB Bank, Al Rakaa, Al Khobar, KSA.