Rosewood Hotels & Resorts, managing 20 one-of-a-kind luxury properties in 11 countries, with 15 new hotels under development, announced an uncommon annual holiday gift guide featuring 12 one-of-a-kind, immersive experiences such as designing a bespoke Aston Martin at the company’s U.K. headquarters.
“The Rosewood traveler is constantly searching for new, extraordinary experiences they haven’t had before; this insatiable curiosity inspired us to create these completely original gift-giving opportunities for the 2017 holidays,” says Sonia Cheng, chief executive officer at Rosewood Hotel Group. “This collection rivals those of the world’s high-end suppliers of luxury gifts each year and it also transcends typical ‘over-the-top’ travel experiences with its priceless, insider perspective.”
Rosewood’s holiday gifts will be available for receipt during the 2017 holiday season to be redeemed after the holiday season. Highlights of the 12 Days of Rosewood collection include:
- Aston Martin Discovery (London, United Kingdom): Aston Martin’s iconic new flagship vehicle may be acquired in the most remarkable way, beginning with private helicopter transfers from London to the automaker’s Gaydon headquarters. There, a consultation with its chief creative officer awaits, followed by the creation of a custom DB11 V12 coupe, and a private performance training session. The three-night experience is available at Rosewood London from GBP200,000 / USD 256,200.
- Experience Ultimate Art de Vivre (Paris, France): Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel is back and more radiant than ever in the City of Light after a four-year transformation. Recipients of this gift will be among the first to rediscover the glories of this legend, along with the best of contemporary Parisian lifestyle. The lavish experience includes a three-night stay in one of Les Grand Appartements by Karl Lagerfeld overlooking Place de la Concorde, a private gastronomic journey in the historic salon where Marie Antoinette once studied music, tastings of rare cognac in the exclusive, subterranean La Cave wine cellar, and much more. Available at Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel for EURO57,000 / USD 67,270.
- Discover The Magic of Oaxacan Art (Los Cabos, Mexico): Designed for the art enthusiast or connoisseur, this journey whisks guests by private jet to Oaxaca to curate their very own collection of Mexican artwork from the studios of the city’s most acclaimed artists, including a specially commissioned alebrije sculpture. Upon returning to the ultra-exclusive, 28,000-square-foot beachfront Ty Warner Mansion, guests will be pampered over a four-night stay with massages, a private chef, and a customized fireworks display from the Mansion’s 100-metre-long infinity pool. Available at Las Ventanas al Paraíso, A Rosewood Resort for USD160,000.
- Fairy Tale Fantasy (London, United Kingdom): The child gifted with this one-of-a-kind slumber party, along with five friends, will become immersed into their favorite fable — with the help of actors from legendary toy store Hamleys and costumers Ivoy Paris at Harrods — within a Rosewood London suite that is transformed into a spellbinding kingdom. Two parents may even be invited to join the fun from their adjoining suite, to enjoy the professional entertainers, magician butlers, movie screening, a midnight feast and full English breakfast the following morning. Available at Rosewood London for GBP20,000 / USD25,615.
- Caribbean Sailing Odyssey (British Virgin Islands): The recipient can invite up to five guests to set sail for seven nights on a fully crewed luxury vessel of their choosing, be it a sleek twin-hull yacht or ultra-chic catamaran, complete with gourmet chef, for a fully bespoke itinerary of discovery around the British Virgin Islands. Superb snorkeling and diving, idyllic deserted beach picnics, delightful boutique ports to explore and individually curated private island tours, are on offer. To start or end the seafaring sojourn, three nights’ accommodation is included at Rosewood Little Dix Bay, soon to reopen after a two-year renovation. Available at Rosewood Little Dix Bay from USD29,999.
- Discover Beijing’s Artistic Soul (Beijing, China): Highlights of this stylish, five-night cultural journey include a one-on-one shanshui painting masterclass with celebrated Chinese contemporary artist Zhang Zhaohui and a curator-led exploration of China’s creative epicenter, the 798 Art District. A motorcycle sidecar excursion will pass iconic landmarks and wind through historic hutongs, topped by a sunset champagne stop by the gates of the Forbidden City after the crowds have gone. These fresh perspectives on the capital and more are available at Rosewood Beijing for CNY33,888 / USD5,090.
- One Night Only at Café Carlyle (New York, NY, U.S.): For one night only, The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel presents a musical evening like no other with a choice of one of two remarkable talents, Megan Hilty or Isaac Mizrahi, delivering a private performance for the lucky gift recipient and up to 24 friends in the legendary New York supper club Café Carlyle, accompanied by dinner and followed by a champagne reception after the show with the night’s star performer. Available at The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel for USD95,000.
- Unveiling Hidden Treasures (Phuket, Thailand): Phuket’s myriad treasures of culture, history, wildlife and landscape – so often bypassed by the typical beach-goer – are on offer in this ultimate four-night Phuket discovery. Included is an expertly guided visit to a sanctuary for magnificent Asian elephants, experiencing the island’s rich Peranakan Chinese heritage through a gastronomic feast in a private beachfront pavilion, an exclusive peek inside a beautiful, historic Sino-Portuguese mansion in Phuket’s Old Town, meeting talented island artists and artisans in a bohemian arts village and a luxury yacht cruise along Phuket’s southern coastline to a tiny island, where guests will be blessed by Buddhist monks. Available at the new Rosewood Phuket for THB402,560 / USD11,840.
- Romance On Land & Sea (Bermuda): Thoughtfully curated as the quintessentially Bermudan romantic getaway, this experience includes a horse-drawn carriage ride through the charming town of St. George, a UNESCO World Heritage Site; a perfumery tour which culminates in the creation of a bespoke fragrance; a magical evening sail and snorkel around a secluded island; and active adventures within a verdant hidden jungle. The romantic home base is Bermuda’s premier resort, which resembles a British manor home, atop sprawling green hills with lawns that cascade down to a private pink-sand beach. Available at Rosewood Tucker’s Point for USD14,570.
- Royal Treasures of Cambodia (Phnom Penh, Cambodia): This exotic present is one that delves into the Cambodia of centuries past, including an excursion to the former royal capital of Oudong to visit the country’s largest Buddhist center for a ceremonial blessing and viewing of an incredible collection of cultural treasures in a private monk’s residence. Upon returning to Phnom Penh, guests will be treated to a performance of Apsara, Cambodia’s most revered art form, on the grounds of the National Museum, and mingle with the dancers afterwards to gather inspiration for a subsequent private Apsara dance lesson by a master instructor. Available at the new Rosewood Phnom Penh for USD6,000.
- Explore China’s Tropical Paradise (Sanya, China): The perfect gift for those intrigued to visit the paradise island of Sanya, this discovery is launched with a champagne toast upon arrival at Hainan Island, followed by the finest the destination delivers, including an excursion to Wuzhizhou Island – China’s best dive site – for spectacular coral reef diving; time spent at picturesque Nanshan temple for calm reflection and an appreciation of Buddhist culture; a private fishing trip culminating in a fresh-catch seafood feast; and much more. Available at the new Rosewood Sanya for CNY28,888 / USD4,338.
- The Secret Beauty of Winter (Tuscany, Italy): Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco opens the doors to discovering the unheralded charms of winter in the picturesque Tuscan countryside. This specially designed gift includes three nights’ accommodation in a luxurious converted farmhouse, a private winery tour and vertical tasting of the estate’s own Brunello, and a cooking class with a private chef. But guests can also take the wheel of a Ferrari throughout their stay to explore the enchanting winter landscape that surrounds and even the thrill of an arranged race track experience, as well as a first-of-its-kind, winter wildlife-spotting night safari in Tuscany. Available at Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco for EURO14,740 / USD17,400.
Gift certificate purchase information and terms and conditions of individual packages will be available at rosewoodhotels.com/12days on September 6, 2017.